Practice Areas

North Central Iowa Attorneys practicing in Iowa primarily in Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate, and Taxation Law. Our attorneys are dedicated to serving their clients in Pocahontas, Webster, Humboldt County and the surrounding areas by providing convenient, local offices in Humboldt, Laurens, and Fonda.

Frequently Asked Questions:


What is a will?


How can I revise my will?

Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning

Estate planning, which includes legal documents like wills, trusts, and powers of attorney, is the process of preparing instructions on how to manage your assets after your death. State and federal laws apply to estate planning, and so do taxes. It is vital to consult us, in order to protect your assets and meet the goals of your estate planning process. 

Real Estate

The title to real estate is covered by both federal and state laws.  State laws differ on a number of issues.  As a result, it is important to protect your interests by retaining an experienced attorney for routine as well as complex transactions.  This overview will discuss topics that are important in understanding real estate law in Iowa. 

Frequently Asked Questions:


What is a disclosure statement?


What are property restrictions?

Personal Injury

There are various ways that Personal Injury may result. Personal Injury may be caused by defective or dangerous consumer goods, motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls or even animal attacks. Personal Injury attorneys are experienced with recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of your case. They know before you pursue legal action if you have a potential case and what would be needed to make it stronger. Personal Injury attorneys work the experts in various areas that assist with intelligently investigating the technical and medical aspects of your case as well as investigators to complete all the details. 

Frequently Asked Questions:


Do I have a winnable Personal Injury case?


How long do I have to file a lawsuit?

Auto Accidents

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), someone is involved in a car accident every ten seconds in the United States.  This high frequency of car accidents makes motor vehicle accidents the most common personal injury cases in the courts today.  In most states, motor vehicle accidents are covered by negligence law, although some states have laws (known as “no-fault” laws) that state that the driver that caused the accident is irrelevant to the case.  Generally, however, motor vehicle drivers have to use the amount of care that a reasonable person would employ under the circumstances. 

Frequently Asked Questions:


Who can I sue for compensation for my injuries?


How much compensation can I get?

Taxation Law

Taxation is an extremely important topic for any business owner to understand. At the city, county, state and federal levels, careful and accurate planning is necessary to maximize your return and prevent penalization. Given the importance of taxation to your business and the complexity of the law, it is an excellent idea to consult an experienced tax attorney if you have any questions.  

Frequently Asked Questions:


What business expenses can I deduct under federal law?


I work from home. Can I still deduct business expenses?


Humboldt Office

30 N 8th Street

P.O. Box 337

Humboldt, Iowa

Tel: 515-332-1157

Laurens Office

130 S 3rd Street

P.O. Box 91

Laurens, IA 50554

Tel: 712-841-4523

*Formerly Winkler Law

  • Facebook

© 2019 by Humboldt Law.

The information you obtain at our firm web site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. It is recommended that you should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.